Morehead City NC is MAD’s flagship event. Hosting more Troops to date than any of our other events combined, and offering a large multitude of family activities since 2009. MAD is the third largest event in Morehead City, only behind the Seafood Festival and the Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament.
This event started in 2006 hosted by Coast Guard Station Ft. Macon, and in 2008 moving into Morehead City. MAD 2013 was one of the largest events, hosting 111 boats, two head boats the Continental Shelf and Carolina Princess, and numerous tour boats. Over 500 Troops fished that event.
The Captain and Volunteer meetings are held in Jaycee Park the Friday evening before the event and then we adjourn to City Park for the cookout and some door prizes.
Event day we start VERY early in the morning getting Troops ready, boats boarded, and away fishing. Family Activities gets underway, when the boats return the catch is cleaned and then the stories of the one that got away are exchanged. Everyone then gathers to feast on the cookout featuring Murphy Brown Pork Chop Steaks”.
Family Activities for Morehead City can include:
- Kids coloring books and sidewalk chalk.
- Kids dock side fishing derby.
- Family boat rides.
- One hour family fishing trips in nearby harbor.
- Carrot Island Wild Pony boat tour.
- Pirate Revenge ship where kids get to dress like pirates and shoot water cannons and a smaller renegade pirate boat.
- Dunk tank.
- Free hot dog and hamburger lunch.
- Free snacks – popcorn, cotton candy, snow cones.
- Free face painting.
- Corn hole and other games.
- Park with slides and swings.
- Live music with bands and DJ.
- DJ at City Park.
- Selfie assistant volunteers will help use your device for taking your picture.
Dozens and dozens of donors help feed the heroes and their families with donations of food, drinks, ice, merchandise, tools, you name it!
Join us in helping our mission of: One, Simple, Thanks!
MAD MOREHEAD CITY CHAPTER SPONSORS
MAD Morehead City would like to recognize our sponsors, without whom this event would not be possible. These businesses and individuals recognize and appreciate the sacrifices of our troops and their families and they prove it by providing funds and/or services to insure our event is a success.
Franklin Baking Co.